UPCOMING EVENTSIndigenous Mentoring Course
Small Business Centre East Kimberley
Kununurra Youth Employment Expo
This website funded by KCCI
Principal Partner Sponsors
About KCCI | Strategic Plan
We view the Kununurra Chamber of Commerce & Industry as a vibrant coordinating body promoting Kununurra as the leading centre of tourism, agriculture and industry in the East Kimberley.
In accordance with the provisions and objectives of the constitution the Kununurra Chamber of Commerce and Industry will:
- Raise the profile of Kununurra and the East Kimberley area and it's assets in Australia and internationally.
- Provide an on-going commitment to the development of the existing local industry and town.
- Encourage members to adopt high ethical standards in business practice.
- Encourage a wider season of economic activity.
- Be the catalyst for businesses and organizations in Kununurra and the East Kimberley working together.
- Encourage high quality standards in business service and products.
- Support appropriate prospective industries and businesses.
Raise the profile of Kununurra and the East Kimberley area and it's assets in Australia and internationally.
1.1. Advertising and promotion
- Press Releases to news stations, local papers, West Australian, radio stations etc.
- Television advertisement - long term - National coverage.
- Film - promote the area as a location for production companies.
- Magazines - Press Releases, human interest stories, 4WD, fishing, outback & tourism magazines.
- Target media personalities through promotional tours of the area (free accommodation, tours etc) if they come up to visit.
1.2. Kununurra Chamber of Commerce & Industry Web site
- Promoting the web site in all advertising of the Chamber.
- Keep website current.
1.3. Assist in the production of a film to promote the area
1.4. Liaise with Kimberley Development Commission to continually update information for prospective investors
Provide an ongoing commitment to the existing local industry and town.
2.1. Increase membership of the KCCI so as to be representative of local business
- KCCI membership form to be included in the Small Business Centre kit that is posted to new businesses.
- KCCI membership form to be included in the Shire of Wyndham-East Kimberley's "New Resident's Kit".
- Personal contact with new and existing businesses.
- Reciprocal membership of the Kununurra Visitors Centre, Kimberley Primary Industries Association, Kimberley Tourism Association and the Small Business Centre.
- Be the "ear & voice" for local business - assist members of the KCCI in resolving problems/issues, where appropriate.
- To encourage people who request assistance from the KCCI to become paid members.
2.2. Apply for grants, funding and source other means of increasing revenue to employ a full time Executive Officer.
2.3. Liaise with Kimberley Area Consultative Committee (KACC) to provide programmes and funding to support initiatives which will generate Business opportunities.
2.4. Lobby Politicians and Government Departments to create Business opportunities.
Encourage members to adopt high ethical standards in business practice.
3.1. Try to ensure that complaints received are dealt with in a correct and timely manner.
3.2. Develop a business ethics statement and promote on the web site.
Encourage a wider season of economic activity.
4.1. Be the coordinating body for the Annual "Ord Valley Muster" and employ a full time Event Manager.
4.2. Support other events that profile the East Kimberley and extend the tourist season.
Be the catalyst for businesses and organizations in Kununurra and the East Kimberley working together.
5.1. Periodic "Business After Hours" functions for members with invited guest speakers.
5.2. Monthly Executive meetings.
5.3. Bi-Monthly "Commerce Link" newsletter.
5.4. Become a major stakeholder in the "Growing East Kimberley Organisation" and provide administration support for this organisation.
Encourage high quality standards in business service and products.
6.1. Encourage the Business community to attend "Customer Service" courses.
6.2. Assist in promoting appropriate training programmes for the Business community.
Support appropriate prospective Industries and Businesses.
7.1. Support Ord Stage 2 initiatives.
7.2. Lobby Politicians and Government.
7.3. Provide a promotional DVD to highlight investment opportunities in the East Kimberley.
7.4. Distribute Information Folders.
7.5. Attend Meetings of organisations and or prospective businesses if their objectives meet the criteria of the KCCI strategic plan.