This website funded by KCCI
Principal Partner Sponsors
About KCCI | Membership Application
The Kununurra Chamber of Commerce and Industry was founded in 1964, initially under the name "Kununurra Businessmen's Association". Many of the pioneer businessmen did not have any business experience in commerce prior to commencing their operations in Kununurra. Since then, through both exciting and depressing times, most of the original settlers have survived with a persistence which required their own brand of humour. Many of the families are also still in the area. The town has certainly prospered with farms and stations today combining their agricultural enterprises with retail services and the tourism industry.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry is a voluntary incorporated body whose vision and objectives are:
We view the Kununurra Chamber of Commerce & Industry as a vibrant and coordinating body, promoting Kununurra as the leading centre of tourism, agriculture and industry in the Kimberley.
- Raise the profile of Kununurra and the East Kimberley area and it's assets in Australia and internationally.
- Provide an on-going commitment to the development of the existing local industry and town.
- Encourage members to adopt high ethical standards in business practice.
- Encourage a wider season of economic activity.
- Be the catalyst for businesses and organizations in Kununurra and the East Kimberley working together.
- Encourage high quality standards in business service and products.
- Support appropriate prospective industries.
Your Chamber will
- Lobby, letter write, generate publicity, motivate politicians or whatever is needed to fix problems affecting local business.
- Organise guest speakers on useful topics (monthly meeting dates published in The Kimberley Echo).
- Promote Kununurra and it's businesses.
- Welcome and support new business.
- Be the representative and consultative voice for local business.
Your Chamber will not:
- Participate in disputes between individual businesses.
- Become a vehicle for personal gain.
- Be complacent on issues that prevent the conduct of bona fide business.
What you can do
- Join your Chamber - bring forth issues and suggestions.
- Help with gathering the facts.
- Put your support behind initiatives.
- Request and/or introduce valuable guest speakers for monthly meetings.
JOIN NOW! AND BE PART OF THE CORPORATE LINK IN THE EAST KIMBERLEY
Please invoice me in accordance with details below.
$330.00 inc GST - annual membership from July to June